Raymond A. Charbonneau
55 Beacon St, Arlington, MA 02474
PROFILE: Hands-on IT administrator with proven ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments. Superior track record in managing complex projects coordinating a broad range of individual abilities. Quick thinking, highly analytical and decisive. Outstanding user support and training skills.
|Proprietor||October 2008 – Present|
Provide IT project management and computer support for small businesses and home users.
|Writer||October 2008 – Present|
|Lead Information Systems Engineer|
Senior Information Systems EngineerInformation Systems Engineer
|November 1997 – September 2008|
The MITRE Corporation, Bedford, MA
Manage critical IT infrastructure desktop security services for a world-wide 6500 user corporation. Anticipate corporate needs and evaluate new systems to address those needs. Work with vendors to ensure applications meet corporate needs. Manage implementation and ongoing support, provide training and documentation for users and support staff. Resolve technical issues beyond capabilities of 1st and 2nd level support.
- Served as manager for desktop asset management and security application team
- Served as Remote Access service manager, coordinating access to corporate online services for teleworkers, travelers, and co-located staff
- Managed release, training and support of numerous desktop applications, including antivirus (Symantec), firewall/configuration management (Checkpoint), VPN (Cisco)
- Lead migration of over 3TB of legacy mail from Netscape to Exchange, retaining all data including timestamps and access to S/MIME messages
- Lead migration of desktop systems to Windows 2000 domain infrastructure
- Lead migration of co-located staff at Hanscom AFB to the Air Force consolidated domain
- Lead team that rapidly and safely rolled out a desktop encryption product to the entire corporation
- Represented client requirements for product selection and evaluation process for a number of services, including corporate messaging and scheduling
|Systems Administrator||August, 1996 – November, 1997|
InStream Corporation, Burlington, MA
Provide complete IT support for all phases of healthcare software development and electronic commerce start-up. Analyze systems needs and specification of solutions for all departments. Manage LAN, web servers, desktop support, and associated budget and purchasing.
- Planned and implemented migration of PC LAN from Netware to NT/Win95 environment with full Internet integration.
- Installed and administered Lotus Domino 4.5 as groupware/Internet mail platform.
- Coordinated move of systems to new corporate facility.
- Led selection process, managed installation, and administered new telephone system.
|PC and LAN Coordinator||1989 – 1996|
Library Systems Office, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
Maintain Libraries’ inventory of over 300 IBM-compatible and Macintosh personal computers. Configure and administer Libraries’ Netware, Windows NT, and Lantastic Local Area Networks. Serve as liaison with other groups in the Libraries and at MIT for initiatives involving the Libraries’ microcomputer and LAN systems. Perform needs analysis and help identify solutions. Supervise support staff. Coordinate Internet infrastructure and UNIX services with MIT Information Services. Select sources for new microcomputer systems and replacement parts. Maintain and operate minicomputer library automation system.
- Migrated PCs to Windows 95 and trained library staff
- Managed connection of entire PC inventory to Internet, LAN
- Installed CD-ROM based library catalog
- Participated in planning acquisition and implementation of new library automation system.
- Implemented internal support intranet service
REFERENCES are available on request.